The United States Professional Tennis Association raised $6,587 from its silent auction held at the USPTA’s Tennis Buying Show during the World Conference on Tennis from Sept. 19-24, at the Saddlebrook Resort in Wesley Chapel, Fla.
During the silent auction, attendees had an opportunity to bid on a variety of items, including:
• Andy Murray–autographed racquet, courtesy of HEAD/Penn
• 6-ft by 10-ft. Tuffy windscreen panel with a 3-ft by 3-ft one-color logo, courtesy of Aer-flo
• Dartfish Connect 6.0 annual license +90 Dartfish TV, courtesy of Dartfish
• Two tickets to the 2012 U.S. Open, courtesy of USTA
• Nolan Ryan–autographed baseball, courtesy of Olshan
• Two-night stay in a deluxe view room at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress in Orlando, Fla., courtesy of Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
The auction benefits the USPTA foundation, which through grants supports various programs in the community that help to grow tennis and bring the game to those who might not otherwise have the chance to play.