Applying for Membership
The following requirements apply only to the certified professional membership tract.
1. A completed application.
2. Nonrefundable application fee.
3. Dues for the current year, prorated to the month in which he or she is applying.
4. Complete Stages 1 and 2 of Coach Youth Tennis
Items 1-4 above must be submitted by all those applying for certified membership. A pro cannot register for an exam until these items are received.
Item 5, below, is optional. An applicant may secure a USPTA sponsor who can assist him or her in preparing for the Certification Exam or, applicants may prepare for the exam by taking the Professional Tennis Coaches Academy I.
5. USPTA members may sponsor new applicants by submitting a separate letter of sponsorship. Members may sponsor an applicant to assist them in preparing for the Certification Exam, and sponsorship of potential members will earn credit toward Master Professional status. Letters of sponsorship must be submitted to the USPTA Membership Department.
6. Non-U.S. citizens residing in the United States must send a copy of either an alien registration card (green card) or work visa.
7. If one wishes to take a non-English version of the exam (it is also offered in Spanish and French), a $15 fee is charged to translate the answers into English.
After the Certification Exam, it takes four to six weeks to process the results. If the applicant passes the exam, a letter of congratulations will be sent with a membership certificate and exam results.
Click on the links below for an application.
Professional-level and wheelchair application
Recreational Coach application